Thursday 10 March 2011

This weeks cards...

... so far lol! I have more cards for customers to do but also had to get some birthday cards done as they had to be sent to Canada :)

We've had a pretty crappy few weeks as my Mum-in-Law was taken ill a couple of weeks ago and rushed into hospital, we thought we we going to lose her but happily she has pulled through and came home this week :)

My hubby has been staying with her and it's going to be a few months before she is back to her old self as she has to have a heart op in about 6 weeks, but hopefully everything is going ok and there will be no problems.

I have had a week at home this week and decided to make something for myself, which is pretty rare, I tend to make things to give away lol! I am making my first ever mini album. The theme is steampunk/vintage and will eventually hold some of the photos we took when we visited the science museum in London a couple of years ago.

I will post some pics of my progress in the next couple of days, had a really productive day in the garden, cleaning the greenhouse and tidying the flower beds while hubby dug over the veggy patch so haven't had chance to take any pics yet.

One of the reasons for making the mini album was because I had made a list of all the crafty things I wanted to learn this year. Stamping and distressing were at the top of the list so the album is a way to learn loads of new things, that's my excuse anyhoo and I'm sticking to it lol!

Lastly here are this weeks cards :)

Birthday card for my Sister-in-law, this was made using the CindyLoo cart for the Cricut, I used the border function and fit to page. Used Core'dinations cardstock and stamped inside using a Stampin Up stamp from the Bliss set.




A Happy Spring card for My SIL & Family, just to say hi and looking forward to them coming over for a visit :) Messy Rabbit & bee stamps from Joanna Sheen, stamped using Memento rich cocoa and then coloured with Promarkers. Card stock is Cord'inations. I can't remember the make of the happy spring sentiment, it was from a huge set I bought years ago from Argos and is an unmounted purple rubber stamp.



Another card for the SIL, this was from my Mum-in-law, made using the Flutterby Wishes Hunkydory kit.

Another Cricut card, the IPod and Kitty were cut form the Rock Princess cart, the sentiment is from the Stampin Up setPunch Bunch and mounted on a mat cut with a nestability scalloped square, again Cor'dinations cardstock was used.



Happy crafting till next time :)
Anna x

No comments: