Wednesday 14 May 2014

Marker Storage tips!

Hi all, well a little something different today a storage solution for all those markers you're hoarding lol!   This is an old project, I think I made it last year as I needed a better storage solution for my Promarkers and couldn't afford to by fancy schmancy expensive ones lol!

I had intended to make a post showing how to do this and totally forgot about it, sorry for the blurry photos, I think I took these with my old camera.    I thought I'd post this as a kind of tutorial as it may be useful to someone.   Also, yes that is my crappy old desk, still waiting for Mark to build me a new one, the craft/computer room is a work in process lol!

I also have a ton more Promarkers now, some of the limited addition and a load of Flex Markers so I am now in need of even more storage, I 'did' have 2 of these old cd racks but I threw one away before I'd thought of a use for it *sigh*



So what you need to make this project

An old CD rack
Empty CD cases
Thick card stock
wet glue
Red line tape

So to start you will needs some strong card stock and it needs measure the length of a plastic cd case by about 14 1/4in, then measure out along the long edge 3/4in sections and score along these lines.  These measurements are just a guide as it depends which pens you are making this for.


 Then you need to fold the score lines in a mountain, valley, valley pattern as in the picture
 Turn the card over and add wet glue to the areas I have marked in the next image and press each section together, it might be easier to look at how I've done this in the image as it's difficult to explain.

 You should end up with this
 Turn over the piece you've just created and apply redline tape to the edges

 Adhere to the cd case


To make the label strips I typed up all the original colours for Promarkers in Open office in a table and then printed, cut them out to fit the ends of the cd cases and then coloured them with the appropriate marker.

Now just repeat for however many CD case you have :)

I am going to paint mine eventually lol! What can I say, I'm a procrastinator :D

I love mine and I was pleased with myself for recycling and old piece of rubbish that was going to the skip.  Still kicking myself for chucking the other one out though lol!

Happy Crafting
Anna x

No comments: