Tuesday 1 December 2015

Christmas Countdown Day 1 - Snow Ride

Life seems to have gotten in the way of blogging one again and here we are in December.

I have been a busy bee creating my December Daily album and getting the few cards I am making this year done.  I now only make cards for close family members as I don't have time to make 50 plus cards lol!   I've also been working on some fun mixed media projects which I'll be sharing soon.

I have planned to update with a new blog post every couple of days through out December, so fingers crossed my plans work out.

I'm also planning to get a couple of videos up, to share my December Daily progress and maybe some handmade ornaments I've made for our tree.

I also have a new Facebook Page, go check it out here

So, onto the first instalment of Christmas Countdown!

Snow Ride

This card nearly went in to the trash can lol!  I originally coloured the image just with Inktense pencils, however, I had done it at night in the living room and the lighting is dismal in there and it wasn't looking that great.  I decided to fiddle with it the next morning and added some distress markers and was much happier with the result, not perfect but heyho it's for my Mum so I'm sure she won't mind lol!

Supplies

Lily of the Valley Stamp Toboggan For Two
Ranger Black Archival ink pad
First Edition 6 x 6 paper pad Silent Night
American Crafts white textured cardstock
Papermania Capsule collection grey doily
American Crafts white glitter paper
White iridescent sequins
Small pinecones
White berry sprig
Red Berries
White Eyelash yarn
White lace
Distress Markers
Inktense Pencils
Stickles Stardust
Sakura Gelly Roll glitter pens in red and green

I just love Lily of the Valley stamps, they are so whimsical and sweet!  I stamped the image in archival ink and then water coloured it with Inktense pencils and distress markers.  I added a few touches of sparkle with the gelly roll pens and Stickles.

The large snow flake was cut on my Silhouette from the AC glitter paper, I inked all the paper edges with distress ink and then distressed the edges with my scissors.

To add some dimension and a extra bit of colour and texture I added the cluster of pine cones and berries.

I really love how the card came together and I hope my Mum will love it too.

Happy Crafting
Anna x